Thursday, December 5, 2013

Baseball Snowman Ornament


Isn't this just the cutest ornament 
for your little baseball player ?!
Quick and easy - only 4 steps....


1. Find an old baseball or softball (a new one will work too, I just like the look of a worn ball)

2. Hot glue a piece of twine to hang your ornament.....drill a hole in the ball (first locate the place on the ball that you want to make your face, then move up from there to mark the place for your twine hanger). Tie a piece of twine in a small knot.  Put a dab of hot glue in the hole, then insert the knotted end in the hole. 

3.With permanent markers draw on the snowman's eyes, nose and mouth.  I start with the nose. This gives me a better idea of how to place the eyes and mouth. I always think eyes look better close together just above the nose.

4. Find an old piece of greenery and a red berry or two and hot glue them onto the snowman's head like a little halo wreath.



For a personal touch - write your player's name on the bottom or back of the snowman ball then add the year for each year they play ball.



4 comments:

  1. isn't the ball heavy? does it weigh down the tree branch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute tis is! It will be fun for my grandson to hang on his Christmas tree. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a baby's baseball and get it a little "dirty"...not weight problem! Cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm creating a snowman craft roundup to go live on Monday on OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love to include one image and a link back to your site. Would that be okay? (I'm a snowman fanatic!)

    ReplyDelete