Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Orange Peel Stars


I wanted to share something I like to do with orange peels.
Simple and easy.....

                                                           
Begin with your orange and a star cookie cutter.

                     
Try and peel your orange in one large piece. 


Press the cookie cutter into the peel trying to get as many stars as possible.
                            

Out of this clementine peel I was able to cut 8 stars.
                             


After I cut out the stars I just throw them in a small bowl that is sitting on top 
of my microwave until they dry out.
                           


Once I have a large number of dried stars I use them as accent pieces around candles.
Here I have a wooden bowl filled with orange peel stars and coffee beans.
It smells sooo good!
                 


Pin It